Student club/organization: Go Green Go Clean, the environmental club at ISHCMC led by Huong Bui and Vivek Mallik.
Start/end date: 2018, March 25th
Description of project: Plastic Bottle Bricking
Purpose/mission: Our purpose was to reduce the school's ecological footprint.
Process of creation/launch:
How do you make a brick out of plastic bottles?
1) With the plastic bottles that we collected, we divided ourselves into groups to give the plastic bottles to all the rooms of the school and requested teachers and students to act upon it.
2) Students and teachers will put their plastic waste in the plastic bottle that we gave.
3) The community will attempt to fill their plastic bottles with as much plastic waste, so that the plastic bottle is not malleable.
4) We will then go to the classes (Every Wednesday) and individually check if the students and teachers have finished their bottle brick. Every time they finished one, we give them another one.
5) With the collected bottles filled with plastic waste, the bottles will contribute towards the construction of a house.
Reflection/next steps: Our next step is to perform more various activities to reduce the school's ecological footprint!